Case Studies – real life examples
- A remortgage from a farm bridging loan. No formal evidence of income.
- Farm refinance when it was needed most!
- Fulfilling a dream with our farm finance
- Short term farm finance
- A loan for a property with an agricultural tie.
- Fast farm bridging Loan arranged in 3 days.
- Mortgage for a farm with an agricultural restriction
- Long term farm mortgage.
- Rural Finance, long term farm loan.
- Loan for diversification of farm business.
- Agricultural mortgage for a smallholding with an agricultural restriction.
- Mortgage for purchase of a smallholding
- Farm bridging loan and remortgage for an equestrian property and a farm remortgage.
- Long term farm loan – a fixed rate mortgage for a smallholding.
- Long term farm remortgage.
- Rural development loan and bank overdraft problem.
- Agricultural mortgage, farm loan.
- Long term farm loan – remortgage for rural property, farm development finance.
- Remortgage for rural property following bankruptcy.
- Low rate loan for property with an agricultural tie.
- Farm loan for development with no early settlement interest.
- Low rate remortage for property with agricultural tie.
- Farm development loan followed by long-term agricultural mortgage for a property with an agricultural restriction.
- Farm mortgage for agricultural tie within a section 106 agreement
- Low rate agricultural mortgage for a farm for expansion
Most of our case studies demonstrate those cases where we have put in place longer-term finance and where our customers had unique problems which we solved for them. In some of these cases, these were problems that we were unaware of in the beginning. Because we expect the unexpected, we handled them in our usual and professional way.
We believe that our customers deserve to have any of their challenges handled professionally and with integrity and we like to think the way we do this is clear from the examples and case studies we provide below.
Of course, we don’t just handle problem cases, or solely farm related business; Our aim is to provide as good a job to all our customers, wherever they are, whatever the situation, throughout the rural community.
1. A remortgage from a farm bridging loan. No formal evidence of income.
After completion Doctor M kindly wrote to us and said:
Dear Mr Bracegirdle,
Once again I must thank you for the effort you put in on this project. You succeeded where another broker had totally failed and I am more than impressed.
If I can provide a testimonial for your company I shall be most happy to do so.
Perhaps the moral in this story is that we can achieve things where other brokers do not. This is because we specialise in this type of business. We are extremely pleased that Doctor M can now put his divorce behind him and get on with running his business. Our thanks to him for his kind words.
Despite her financial difficulties, we were able to negotiate some breathing space with Pat’s current lender’s solicitors to allow time to put the farm finance in place. This also allowed time for her to receive full legal advice on what she was doing before commitment, which we think is essential. Not all finance companies are as keen to ensure that customers know what they are doing before they go ahead with a short-term farm loan.
Throughout the entire process we were there for our customer, liaising with lawyers, getting things moving and generally offering our support to ensure that she not only got her farm bridging loan but also that she suffered from as little stress as possible.
We wish Pat every success with her plans.
The property had an agricultural restriction or agricultural tie which meant that, apart from the farm remortgage where the customer was in difficulties, there was the added challenge of finding a lender that would accommodate the occupancy restriction as well.
We were proposing to arrange a short-term farm loan of two years, as the customer was already in contact with local land agents with a view to the removal of the agricultural tie which, once done, would increase the value of her property. She just needed the time to see this through to allow her to either sell the property or refinance with a farm remortgage once her finances were back in shape.
When the loan completed, our customer sent a message:
Thank you so much for all your help. It is such a relief to have more breathing space but my work here is not done yet. I will indeed keep you updated as things progress.
Thank you again.
Kindest regards, Pat
3. Fulfilling a dream with our farm finance
The farm, which our customer used for her business, was owned by her grandfather who was elderly and unwell and needed some cash. He had always planned to give the property to our customer but, as he needed some money now, our customer wanted to buy his interest, although at a reduced price.
To achieve this, she needed a farm mortgage. She had applied in various other places for a farm loan, but had been turned down because of her previous bankruptcy. We arranged a long term farm loan for our customer.
After the farm loan had completed Miss F sent us this message:
‘Thank you to you both. Without all your help it would never have happened. You do not know how much this means to me.’
4. Short term farm finance
You might not get us out to see you the next day because, as this example shows, it is not necessary. What is necessary, when it comes to arranging farm finance or a farm mortgage, is honesty and integrity. We believe that this is far better than a next day lightning visit. We know it is better for our customers as Mr and Mrs R found out.
5. A loan for a property with an agricultural tie.
The moral in the story is this – if you want a job doing properly, do it yourself but if you don’t know how to go about it, make sure you go to people who know what they are doing. Make sure also that you choose people with the right credentials and the right integrity – our qualifications in accountancy and our experience in banking and in our business are testimony to our ability to arrange farm finance.
6. Fast farm bridging Loan arranged in 3 days.
7. Mortgage for a farm with an agricultural restriction
8. Long term farm mortgage.
9. Rural Finance, long term farm loan.
10. Loan for diversification or farm business.
11. Agricultural mortgage for a smallholding with an agricultural restriction.
12. Mortgage for purchase of a smallholding
This case illustrates the risks in selecting the wrong people to do a job. There should have been something from the valuation report, in this case, that rang alarm bells requiring further investigation. This was missed by our competitors, but not only this, when we found out about an agricultural restriction we actually lost the deal because it could go no further. Not only this, these customers parted with over £2,000 to get an offer of a farm mortgage that was not what they had been told they were going to be offered and in fact would have cost them thousands of pounds more.
Our customers did come back to us when they wanted to proceed with another property. Honesty is the best policy. It also indicates that everything happens for a reason – in losing the first property our customers found a better one.
We are delighted that our customers’ testimonial now graces our home page. As a result of the farm mortgage we arranged, our customer has a very successful and award winning business.
Whilst we could have raised a farm loan for this property, the vendor was not prepared to reduce the price and accordingly our customers could not proceed at that time. However, they have since found another property and we have successfully financed it for them by way of a mortgage for a smallholding.
13. Farm bridging loan and remortgage for an equestrian property and a farm remortgage.
14. Long term farm loan – a fixed rate mortgage for a smallholding.
15. Long term farm remortgage.
16. Rural development loan and bank overdraft problem.
17. Agricultural mortgage, farm loan.
18. Long term farm loan – remortgage for rural property, farm development finance.
19. Remortgage for rural property following bankruptcy.